STATE OF EDUCATION IN INDIA
YOUR SIGNATURE IN THE #YESDEMOCRACY PETITION WILL HELP US DEMAND:
1. Initiate modalities for the extension of the RTE Act in line with the recommendations of the draft National Education Policy to include all children from birth to 18 years in its purview.
2. The budget should be substantially increased to signal the government’s commitment to meet the international benchmark of 6% of GDP allocation to education.
3. Fill all vacant posts of teachers with trained, professionally qualified and motivated teachers and invest in strengthening academic support and teacher training mechanisms to provide them with adequate onsite support.
4. Finalize the draft National Education Policy 2019 only after ample public debate and discussions with a cross section of popular opinion and, after adequate consultation in the Parliamentary Standing Committee.
5. Initiate processes for the formulation of a robust regulatory framework to curtail commercialization of education
Oxfam India’s Vision
Our vision is to help create a just nation without poverty; a sustainable society in which people especially the poor can demand and enjoy their rights, influence the decisions that affect their lives, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. We believe in the “Right to life with dignity for all”.
Oxfam India’s Mission
Our mission is to help create lasting solutions to address the injustice of poverty by engaging empowered citizens to become active and supportive partners, advocating an effective and accountable State and building opportunities for the marginalized. We have to create a society for all, where equality prevails and every individual can exhibit his/her right to a safe and happy life.