Lakhs of people every year are pushed into POVERTY due to high healthcare cost. A life in scarcity may lead to children without education, family without food or patient without medicine essential for survival.
Donate to make essential medicines affordable. Your monthly support will help people living in poverty receive life-saving medicines and healthcare. Donate now!
*AMEX cards are not applicable.
*You can cancel your donation anytime. No questions asked.
Please fill in your information to activate your monthly giving program
Join Oxfam India’s mission to provide right to life with dignity for all
Despite being globally known as the "Pharmacy for the World", there is a monumental issue of access to medicines in India. Every year, crores of people are pushed into poverty due to unavailability or high expenditure on medicines and healthcare.* (Source: WHO and PHFI Study 2018)
HOW DOES OXFAM WORK?
- We work with communities and community institutions (VHSNCs “Village Health Sanitation & Nutrition Committee”), Mothers Committees, Youth and adolescents)to develop their capacities to claim health services as per the provisions of right to health and IPH standards.
- Improving the accessibility to basic facilities through working with communities to make them aware what schemes are available,
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of health service delivery.
- Capacity building on Health Rights, Patient rights and right to life and survival.
- Strengthening the functioning of VHSNC and other community based health institutions.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Nearly 70% of people in India cannot afford the medicine they need (Source: NFHS 4)
- Around 70% of the household expenditure on health is on medicines (Source: WHO)
- Most Jan Aushadhi stores have barely 100-150 formulations instead of the promised 600-plus (Source: PHFI Study 2018)
- Healthcare is the 2nd most leading cause of rural indebtedness in our country
Donate to save lives
Last year, 6 lakh people received better healthcare facilities through Oxfam India’s Health program. You can help support more people in need.
WHY SUPPORT MONTHLY?
Your monthly support helps ensure long-term planning and continuity in providing regular health workshops, awareness programs and help people in remotest and poorest parts of our country.Without which, people from marginalized communities may never be able to afford or receive life-saving medicines on time. Rest assured, your donation is safe and will be utlised in a fully transparent and accountable way. Please note: No amount is small. Every rupee you donate helps Oxfam India make a long-term impact. You can cancel your donation anytime over a simple email or call.
People in need are counting on us. Let's join hands to help marginalized people receive the medicines they need to survive. Help now!
Monthly contribution: The generous amount you donate will help people in need receive the healthcare and medicine they need to live a better life. Your monthly donation makes an enormous difference and every month we will send you a newsletter showcasing how your donation have helped. Be a change maker. Donate Today. If you wish to cancel your donation at any time, we are just an email away. Write to us at email@example.com
VISSION & MISSION
Oxfam India’s Vision
Our vision is to help create a just nation without poverty; a sustainable society in which people especially the poor can demand and enjoy their rights, influence the decisions that affect their lives, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. We believe in the “Right to life with dignity for all”.
Oxfam India’s Mission
Our mission is to help create lasting solutions to address the injustice of poverty by engaging empowered citizens to become active and supportive partners, advocating an effective and accountable State and building opportunities for the marginalized. We have to create a society for all, where equality prevails and every individual can exhibit his/her right to a safe and happy life.